« AnteriorContinuar »
75. In-holiness and righteousness before him, 'all the days of our life.
76 And thou, child, shalt be called the 'prophet of the Highest : for thou shalt 'go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways; spirit of bondage again to fear.; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abha, Father. Heb. ii. 15: And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage, do. ix. 14: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit, offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
9 Jer. xxxii. 39, 40: And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them. And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me. Rom. vi. 18, 22: Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness
. Now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. Eph. iv. 24: That ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 2 Thes. ii. 13 : God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth. 2Tim.i.9: Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling. Tit. ii. 12: Teaching us, that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world. 1 Pet. i, 2, 15: Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience. As he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation. 2 Pet. 1: 4: That by these ye might be partakers of a divine nature
, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
* Rev. ii. 10: Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
s See on Mat. xi. 9.
+ ISA. xl. 3: The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. MAL. iii. ]: Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me. do.iv.5: Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD. Mat. xi. 10: For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by 27 the "remission of their sins,
78 Through the tender mercy 28 of our God ; whereby the 'dayspring 29 from on high hath
into the way
79 To give "light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet
of peace. 80 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his showing unto Israel.
27 for. A.V. 28 bowels of the mercy. A.V. 29 sun-rising, or, branch. Num. xxiv, 17, Isa. xi, 1, Zec. iii. 8, vi. 12, Mal. iv. 2. A. V.
MARK, i.4: John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. Luke,iii.3: He came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. · Acts, v.31: Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.
NUMB. xxiv. 17: There shall come a star out of Jacob. Isa. xi. 1: There shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots. Zec. iii. 8: Behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH. do. vi. 12: Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold, the man whose name is THE BRANCH, and he shall grow up out of the place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord. Mal.iv. 2: Unto
you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings.
Isa. ix. 2: The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light, they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined. do. xlii. 6,7: I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will-give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles: to open the blind eyes. do. xlix. 9: That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Show yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places. Mat. iv. 16: The people which sat in darkness saw a great light, and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up. Acts, xxvi. 18: To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God.
* Luke, ii. 40.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you;
Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a
14 "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth
Gen. xxviii. 12: And he dreamed, and behold a ladder
. 20, 21 : Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in
ye the LORD, all ye his hosts ; ye
m Luke, xix. 38: Blessed be the king that cometh in the
Heb. i. 14: Are
15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come
which the Lord hath made known unto us. 16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
18 And all they that heard it, wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
19 But Mary "kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
6 Gr. the men the shepherds. A. V. hath made us accepted in the beloved. do. iii. 10, 21: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God. Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus, throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. Rev. v. 13: And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for and
n See on John, xvi. 33.
• Jonn, iii. 16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Eph. ii. 4, 7: But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, that in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Jesus Christ. 2 Thes, ii. 16: Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given lasting consolation and good hope through grace.
1 JOHN, iv. 9, 10: In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent bis only-begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
pGen. xxxvii. 11: His father observed the saying. SAM. xxi. 12: David laid up these words in his heart.
Before the com
20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
21 And when 'eight days were mon account called accomplished for the circumcising Anno Domini, the
of the child, his name was called 'JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
22 And when the days of her 'purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord :
23 (As it is written in the law of the Lord, 'Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord ;)
4 See under LUKE, i. 59.
* Mat, i. 21, 25: Thou shalt call his name Jesus. And he called his name Jesus.
* Lev, xii. 2, 3, 4, 6: If a woman have conceived seed, and born a man-child: then she shall be unclean seven days; according to the days of the separation for her infirmity shall she be unclean, And in the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. And she shall then continue in the blood of her purifying three and thirty days : She shall touch no hallowed thing, nor come into the sanctuary until the days of her purifying be fulfilled. And when the days of her purifying are fulfilled, for a son, or for a daughter, she shall bring a lamb of the first year for a burnt-offering, and a young pigeon, or a turtledove, for a sin-offering, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, unto the priest.
* Exod. xiii. 2: Sanctify unto me all the first-born, whatsoever openeth the womb among the children of Israel, both of man and of beast: it is mine. do. xxii. 29 : Thou shalt not delay to offer the first of thy ripe fruits, and of thy liquors : the first-born of thy sons shalt thou give unto me. "do. xxxiv. 19: All that openeth the matrix is mine. Num. ii. 13: All the first-born are mine; for on the day that I smote all the first-born in the land of Egypt I hallowed unto me all the first-born in Israel, both man and beast; mine shall they be: I am the Lord. do. viii. 16, 17: [The Levites] given unto me from among the children of Israel; instead of