« AnteriorContinuar »
REVISERS' NOTE TO PROPOSED AMENDMENTS OF THE GENERAL COR
PORATION LAW, THE STOCK CORPORATION LAW, THE RAILROAD LAW, THE TRANSPORTATION CORPORATIONS Law, AND THE BUSINESS CORPORATIONS Law... The following bills contain the amendments to the corporation laws passed by the Legislature of: 1899, which the commission deem desirable to be adopted. They comprise :
1. The several acts of the Legislature: sf.-1890 relating to the same subjects embraced in these general laws..
2. A consolidation of the schedules of laws repealed into one schedule annexed to the general corporation law and of the provisions relating to the effect of the repeal of existing Fava, the saving clause, the construction, and the time when the several laws shall take effect; all of which will be contained in the fourconcluding sections of the amended general corporation law. By this means the last article of each one of the other corporation laws, being precisely alike in phraseology and legal effect, may be omitted and is omitted in the amendments proposed.
3. The amendment of the stock corporation law so as to make articles two and three applicable to monied corporations.
4. The insertion in the general corporation law of some additional provisions which have become necessary in consequence of the revision of the other corporation laws reported herewith.
5. The correction of a few typographical errors which crept into the text of these laws either through mistakes in engrossing or inadvertence in the reading of the proof.
The general corporation law was so brief that it was deemed best to re-write it in its amended form and make some changes in the numerical order of the sections.
In all these amendatory bills, where new matter is inserted, it will appear in italics unless the entire section is new, in which case a note at the end will so indicate. There is also a foot-note indicating such amendments as are occasioned by the insertion of the laws of 1890.
THE GENERAL CORIORATION LAW.
AN Act to amend the general corporation law. The People of the State of New York, represented in Senate and Assembly, do enact as follows:
The General Corporation Law is amended to read as follows :
CHAPTER XXXV OF THE GENERAL LAWS,
THE GENERAL CORPORATION LAW.
2. Classification of corporations.
this state upon judicial sales.
OH: xiv. $$ 1,2
SECTION 21. Proxies.
1 SECTION 1. Short title.— This chapter shall be krewn 2 as the general corporation law.
1 $ 2. Classification of corporations.- A corporation 2 shall be either, 3 1. A municipal corporation, 4 2. A stock corporation, 5 3. A non-stock corporation, or 6 4. A mixed corporation. 7 A stock corporation shall be either, 8 1. A monied corporation, 9 2. A transportation corporation, or 10 3. A business corporation, 11 A non-stock corporation shall be either, 12 1. A religious corporation, or 13
2. A membership corporation. 14 A mixed corporation shall be either, 15 1. A cemetery corporation, 16 2. A library corporation, 17 3. A co-operative corporation,