An innovative introduction to writing poetry designed for students of creative writing and budding poets alike.
- Challenges the reader’s sense of what is possible in a poem.
- Traces the history and highlights the potential of poetry.
- Focuses on the fundamental principles of poetic construction, such as: Who is speaking? Who are they speaking to? Why does their speaking take this form?
- Considers both experimental and mainstream approaches to contemporary poetry.
- Consists of fourteen chapters, making it suitable for use over one semester.
- Encourages readers to experiment with their poetry.