« AnteriorContinuar »
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 5. Draw me out of the net that they have laid privily for me : for thou art my God.
6. Into thy hands I commend my spirit : for thou hast redeemed me, O Lord, thou God of truth.
PSALM XIX. FULL, SVEEN VOICES. 144.
12. Who can tell how oft he offendeth ? 0 cleanse thou me from my secret faults.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS.
13. Keep thy servant from presumptuous sins, lest they get the dominion over me : so shall I be undefiled and innocent from the great offence.
FULL, FOUR AND SIX voices. 14. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart: be always acceptable in thy sight. 15. O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.
PSALM CXLVII. FULL AND VERSE, FOUR
1. O praise the Lord; for it is a good thing to sing praises unto our God, yea a joyful and pleasant thing it is to be thankful.
5. Great is our Lord, and great is his power : yea, and his wisdom is infinite. Weldon.
PSALM CL. FULL, FIVE voices. 146.
1. O praise God in his holiness : praise him in the firmament of his power.
2. Praise him in his noble acts : praise him according to his excellent greatness.
VERSE, TWO TREBLES, AND BASS. 3. Praise him in the sound of the trumpet : praise him upon the lute and harp.
4. Praise him in the cymbals and dances : praise him upon the strings and pipe.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 6. Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord.
PSALM CXIX. SOLO TREBLE. 147.
57. Thou art my portion, O Lord : I have promised to keep thy law.
73. Thy hands have made me, and fashioned me: O give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.
72. The law of thy mouth is dearer unto me than thousands of gold and silver.
103. O how sweet are thy words unto my throat; yea, sweeter than honey unto my mouth.
104. Through thy commandments, I get understanding, therefore I hate all evil ways.
FULL. 12. Blessed art thou, O Lord : O teach us thy statutes.
PSALM VI. SOLO, TREBLE, OR COUNTER TENOR. 148.
1. O Lord, rebuke me not in thy indignation, neither chasten me in thy displeasure.
4. Turn thee, O Lord, and deliver my soul : 0 save me for thy mercies sake.
2. Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am weak : O Lord, heal me, for my bones are vexed.
Turn thee, O Lord, &c.
9. My soul also is sore troubled : but Lord, how long wilt thou punish me?
VERSE AND FULL.
SOLO TREBLE. 149.
Psalm LX., 1.- O God, thou hast cast us out, and scattered us abroad : thou hast also been displeased; O turn thee unto us again.
11. O be thou our help in trouble : for vain is the help of man.
PSALM LXXIX., 8.20 remember not our old sins, but have mercy upon us : for we are come to great misery.
SOLO TREBLE. 9. Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name : O deliver us, and be merciful unto our sins, for thy name's sake.
SOLO TREBLE ; AND FULL. PSALM LX., 12.—Through God will we do great acts : for it is he that shall tread down our enemies.
PART 1. RECITATIVE, TREBLE OR TENOR. 150.
Isaiah XL., 1.-Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
2. Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned.
3. The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
AIR, TREBLE OR TENOR. 4. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low : and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain.
CHORUS. 5. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
RECITATIVE, BASS. 151.
HAGGAI 11., 6.-Thus saith the Lord of Hosts, yet once, a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, the sea and the dry land.
7. And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come.
MALACHI III., 1.—The Lord whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple; even the Messenger of the Covenant, whom ye delight in : behold he shall come, saith the Lord of Hosts.
AIR, BASS. 2. But who may abide the day of his coming ? And who shall stand when he appeareth? For he is like a refiner's fire.
CHORUS. 3. And he shall purify the sons of Levi, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.