« AnteriorContinuar »
PSALM LXVI. SOLO BASS. 121.
1. O be joyful in God, all ye lands : sing praises unto the honour of his name, make his praise to be glorious.
2. Say, unto God, O how wonderful art thou in thy works : through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies be found liars unto thee.
FULL AND VERSE, BASS. 3. For all the world shall worship thee : sing of thee, and praise thy name.
SOLO BASS. 14. O come hither, and hearken, all ye that fear God: and I will tell you what he hath done for my soul.
15. I called unto him with my mouth : and gave him praises with my tongue.
16. If I incline unto wickedness with mine heart: the Lord will not hear me.
17. But God hath heard me : and considered the voice of my prayer.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 18. Praised be God, who hath not cast out my prayer : nor turned his mercy from me.
PSALM XCVI. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, AND
1. O sing unto the Lord a new song : sing unto the Lord, all the whole earth.
SOLO COUNTER TENOR. 2. Sing unto the Lord, and praise his name : be telling of his salvation from day to day.
VERSE, THREE VOICES. 3. Declare his honour among the heathen : and his wonders unto all people.
4. For the Lord is great and cannot worthily be praised : he is more to be feared than all gods.
FULL. 5. As for all the gods of the heathen, they are but idols : but it is the Lord that made the heavens.
SOLO TENOR. 6. Glory and worship are before him : power and honour are in his sanctuary.
SOLO BASS. 7. Ascribe unto the Lord, O ye kindreds of the people : ascribe unto the Lord worship and power.
8. Ascribe unto the Lord the honour due unto his name : bring presents, and come into his courts.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS,
9. O worship the Lord, in the beauty of holiness : let the whole earth stand in awe of him.
VERSE, THREE VOICES; AND FULL. 10. Tell it out among the heathen, that the Lord is King: and that it is he that hath made the round world so fast that it cannot be moved ; and how that he shall judge the people righteously.
Psalm LXXXVIII. FULL, FOUR Voices. 123.
1. O Lord God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee: O let my prayer enter into thy presence, incline thine ear unto my calling.
VERSE, SIX VOICES. 2. For my soul is full of trouble : and my life draweth nigh unto hell.
FULL, SIX VOICES. 13. Unto thee have I cried, O Lord: and early shall my prayer come before thee. Amen.
ISAIAH XII. VERSE, TREBLE, AND COUNTER
1. O Lord, I will praise thee : though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou hast restored me.
SOLO BASS. 2. Behold, God is my salvation : I will trust and not be afraid ; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song, he also is become my salvation.
COUNTER TENOR AND BASS. 4. Praise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people ; make mention that his name is exalted.
TREBLE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS.
5. Sing unto the Lord : for he hath done excellent things; this is known in all the earth.
FULL, FIVE VOICES. 6. Cry aloud and shout, thou inhabitant of Sion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.
VERSE AND FULL, FOUR
1. O praise the Lord, all ye heathen, praise him, all ye nations.
COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS. 2. For his merciful kindness is ever more and more towards us : and the truth of the Lord endureth for ever. Praise the Lord.
PSALM XXXVIII. FULL, FOUR VOICES. 126.
1. Put me not to rebuke, O Lord, in thine anger : neither chasten me in thy heavy displeasure.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS.
2. For thine arrows stick fast in me: and thy hand presseth me sore.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 3. There is no health in my flesh, because of thy displeasure : neither is there any rest in my bones, by reason of my sin.
PSALM CIV. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR
AND BASS. 127.
1. Praise the Lord, O my soul : O Lord my God, thou art become exceeding glorious, thou art clothed with majesty and honour.
SOLO TENOR. 2. Thou deckest thyself with light, as it were with a garment: and spreadest out the heavens like a curtain..
SOLO BASS. 3. Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters : and maketh the clouds his chariot, and walketh upon the wings of the wind.
TENOR AND BASS. 4. He maketh his angels spirits : and his mi. nisters a flaming fire.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 5. He laid the foundations of the earth : that it never should move at any time. DE.. SOLO COUNTER TENOR.
24. O Lord, how manifold are thy works : in wisdom hast thou madë them all, the earth is full of thy riches.