« AnteriorContinuar »
FROM THE BURIAL SERVICE. FULL FOUR
Rev. xiv., 13.—I heard a voice from heaven, saying unto me, write, from henceforth blessed are the dead which die in the Lord, even so saith the spirit, for they rest from their labour. Amen.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR,
AND BASS. 115.
1. I will give thanks unto thee, O Lord, with my whole heart: I will speak of all thy marvellous works.
SOLO COUNTER TENOR. 2. I will be glad and rejoice in thee : yea, my songs will I make of thy name, Othou most highest.
SOLO BASS. 4. For thou hast maintained my right and my cause : thou art set in the throne that judgest right.
VERSE, THREE VOICES; AND FULL. 11. O praise the Lord which dwelleth in Sion : shew the people of his doings. Hallelujah.
Psalm cxix. VERSE, TWO TREBLES; AND PULL.
Thirteenth Part. 1. Lord, what love have I unto thy law: all the day long is my study in it.
TWO TREBLES. 2. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies : for they are ever with me.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 3. I have more understanding than my teachers : for thy testimonies are my study.
4. I am wiser than the aged : because I keep thy commandments.
VERSE, TWO TREBLES. 5. I have refrained my feet from every evil way: that I may keep thy word.
VERSE AND FULL, FOUR VOICES. 8. Through thy commandments I get understanding: therefore I hate all evil ways.
PSALM VI. FULL, SIX VOICES. 117.
1. O Lord, rebuke me not in thine indignation: neither chasten me in thy displeasure.
2. Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am weak : O Lord, heal me, for my bones are vexed.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS.
3. My soul also is sore troubled : but, Lord, how long wilt thou punish me ?
FULL, SIX VOICES. 4. Turn thee, O Lord, and deliver my soul : O save me for thy mercy's sake. Amen.
PSALM LXXXIV. C.M.
How lovely is the place,
The brightness of thy face !
To view thy blest abode ;
For thee, the living God.
Their sure protection made;
That to thy dwelling lead : 7. They shall from strength to strength proceed,
And still approach more near ;
Before their God appear.
Psalm cxxx. SOLO BASS. 119.
1. Out of the deep have I called unto thee, O Lord : Lord, hear my voice.
2. O let thine ear consider well: the voice of my complaint.
3. If thou, Lord, wilt be extreme to mark what is done amiss : O Lord, who may abide it?
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, AND BASS. 4. For there is mercy with thee : therefore shalt thou be feared.
SOLO COUNTER TENOR. 5. I look for the Lord, my soul doth wait for him : in his word is my trust.
6. My soul fleeth unto the Lord : before the morning watch, I say before the morning watch.
COUNTER TENOR AND BASS. 7. O Israel trust in the Lord, for with the Lord there is mercy: and with him is plenteous redemption.
8. And he shall redeem Israel : from all his sin.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. O Israel, &c.
PSALM CXXXIX. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR,
TENOR, AND BASS.
1. O Lord, thou hast searched me out, and known me: thou knowest my down-sitting and
mine up-rising, thou understandest my thoughts long before.
SOLO BASS. 2. Thou art about my path, and about my bed : and spiest out all my ways.
3. For lo, there is not a word in my tongue : but thou, O Lord, knowest it altogether.
SOLO COUNTER TENOR. 6. Whither shall I go then from thy spirit : or whither shall I go then from thy presence ?
7. If I climb up into heaven, thou art there : if I go down into hell, thou art there also.
8. If I take the wings of the morning : and remain in the uttermost parts of the sea. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR AND BASS ;
AND FULL. 9. Even there also shall thy hand lead me : and thy right hand shall hold me.
SOLO TENOR. 17. How dear are thy counsels unto me, O God : O how great is the sum of them !
18. If I tell them, they are more in number than the sand : when I awake up, I am present with thee.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS. 23. Try me, O God, and seek the ground of my heart : prove me and examine my thoughts.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 24. Look well if there be any way of wickedness in me: and lead me in the way everlasting.