« AnteriorContinuar »
12. Mark well her bulwarks, set up her houses : that we may tell them that come after. VERSE, TWO TREBLES, AND COUNTER TENOR;
AND FULL. 13. For this is our God for ever and ever : he will be our guide unto death.
Psalm CII. FULL, FOUR, FIVE, SIX, AND
EIGHT VOICES. 107.
1. Hear my prayer, O Lord : and let my crying come unto thee.
2. Hide not thy face from me in the time of my trouble : incline thine ear unto me, when I call; O hear me, and that right soon.
PSALM CXLIII. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR,
AND TENOR. 108.
1. Hear my prayer, O Lord, and consider my desire : hearken unto me for thy truth and righteousness sake. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR AND BASS ;
AND FULL 2. And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.
SOLO BASS 3. For the enemy that persecuted my soul, he hath smitten my life down to the ground: he hath laid me in the darkness, as the men that have been long dead.
SOLO COUNTER TENOR. 4. Therefore is my spirit. vexed within me: and my heart within me is desolate.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS.
5. Yet will I remember the time past, I muse upon all thy works : yea, I exercise myself in the works of thine own hands.
VERSE, FOUR VOICES ; AND FULL. 7. Hear me, O Lord, and that soon, for my spirit waxeth faint: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down to the pit.
PSALM CIV. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, AND
33. I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live : I will praise my God while I have my being.
SOLO BASS. 34. And so shall my words please him : my joy shall be in the Lord. I will sing, &c.
SOLO COUNTER TENOR. 35. As for sinners they shall be consumed out of the earth, and the ungodly shall come to an
end: but praise thou the Lord, O my soul, praise
VERSE, FOUR VOICES ; AND FULL.
PSALM XXXIV. VERSE, TWO COUNTER TENORS,
AND BASS. 110.
1. I will alway give thanks unto the Lord : his praise shall ever be in my mouth.
SOLO COUNTER TENOR. 2. My soul shall make her boast in the Lord : the humble shall hear thereof and be glad.. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR AND BASS; AND FULL,
FOUR VOICES. 3. O praise the Lord with me : and let us magnify his name together.
SOLO BASS. 4. I sought the Lord, and he heard me : yea, he delivered me out of all my fear.
. SOLO COUNTER TENOR. 7. The angel of the Lord tarrieth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. VERSE, TWO COUNTER TENORS AND BASS; AND
FULL, FOUR VOICES. - I will alway, &c. 'Hallelujah. Croft.
PSALM CXLII. VERSE, TREBLE, COUNTER TENOR,
TENOR, AND BASS. 111.
1. I cried unto the Lord with my voice : yea, even unto the Lord did I make my supplication.
TREBLE AND COUNTER TENOR. 2. I poured out my complaints before him : and shewed him of my trouble.
SOLO BÁSS. 3. When my spirit was in heaviness, thou knewest my path: in the way wherein I walked, privily have they laid a snare for me.
COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS. 4. I looked also upon my right hand : and saw there was no man that would know me.
5. I had no place to flee unto : and no man cared for my soul.
VERSE, FOUR VOICES; AND FULL. 6. I cried unto thee, O Lord, and said ; thou art my hope, and my portion in the land of the
FROM THE BURIAL SERVICE. FULL, FOUR
JOHN XI., 25.--I am the resurrection and the life, saith the Lord : he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.
26. And whosoever liveth, and believeth in me, shall never die.
JOB XIX., 25._I know that my Redeemer liv. eth : and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.
26. And though after my skin, worms destroy this body: yet in my flesh shall I see God.
27. Whom I shall see for myself; and mine eyes shall behold, and not another.
TIM. VI., 7.We brought nothing into this world : and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
JOB 1., 21.–The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away: blessed be the name of the Lord.
FROM THE BURIAL SERVICE. FULL FOUR
JOB. XIV., 1, 2.-Man that is born of a woman hath but a short time to live, and is full of misery: he cometh up, and is cut down like a flower : he fleeth as it were a shadow, and never continueth in one stay.
In the midst of life we are in death : of whom may we seek for succour but of thee, O Lord, who for our sins art justly displeased ?
Yet, O Lord God most Holy, O God most mighty, O Holy and most merciful Saviour, deliliver us not into the bitter pains of eternal death.