« AnteriorContinuar »
as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Hallelujah.
For the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
VERSE AND FULL, FOUR VOICES.
7. Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him; for the marriage of the Lamb is come. Hallelujah. Blow.
Revelations Vii. Verse, Counter Tenor, Tenor, And Two Basses. 65.
9. I beheld, and lo, a great multitude which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, which stood before the throne, clothed with white robes, and palms were in their hands.
I beheld, and lo, &c.
10. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, Hallelujah, salvation to our God, which sitteth on the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Solo Counter Tenor.
13. And I heard a voice saying, what are these, which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14. These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15. Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple.
11. And all the angels who stood round the throne, and the elders, with the four beasts, fell down before the throne, and worshipped God, saying Hallelujah.
VERSE AND FULL.
12. Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen. Hallelujah.
Psalm Lxxxi. Full, Five Voices. 66.
1. Sing we merrily unto God our strength: make a cheerful noise unto the God of Jacob.
Verse, Counter Tenor, And Tenor.
2. Take the psalm, bring hither the tabret: the merry harp with the lute. x
Sing we merrily, &c.
3. Blow up the trumpet in the new moon: even in the time appointed, and upon our solemn feast day.
SOLO Counter Tenor.
4. For this was made a statute for Israel: and a law of the God of Jacob.
Sing we merrily, &c. Blow.
Psalm Lxix. Full, Four Voices.
1. Save me, O God: for the waters are come in, even unto my soul.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS.
3. I am weary of crying, my throat is dry : my sight faileth me, for waiting so long upon my God.
FULL, FOUR VOICES.
7. And why? For thy sake have I suffered reproof: shame hath covered my face.
VERSE, TWO TREBLES, COUNTER TENOR, AND
10. I wept and chastened my soul with fasting: and that was turned to my reproof.
FULL, FOUR VOICES.
13. But, Lord, I make my prayer unto thee: in an acceptable time.
14. Hear me, O God, in the multitude of thy mercy: even in the truth of thy salvation.
Psalm Xxxix. Two Trebles, Counter Tenor,
Tenor, And Bass. 68.
5. Lord, let me know my end, and the number of my days: that I may be certified how long I have to live.
6. Behold thou hast made my days as it were a span long: and my age is even as nothing in respect of thee, and verily every man living is altogether vanity.
7- For man walketh in a vain shadow, and disquieteth himself in vain: he heapeth up riches, and cannot tell who shall gather them.
8. And now, Lord, what is my hope? truly my hope is even in thee.
12. When thou with rebukes dost chasten man for sin, thou makest his beauty consume away, like as it were a moth fretting a garment: every man therefore is but vanity.
13. Hear my prayer, O Lord, and with thine ears consider my calling: hold not thy peace at my tears.
14. For I am a stranger with thee: and a sojourner: as all my fathers were.
15. O spare me a little, that I may recover my strength : before I go hence and be no more seen.
Psalm Cv. Full, Five Voices. 69.
1. O give thanks unto the Lord, and call upon his name: tell the people what things he hath done for us.
2. O let your songs be of him, and praise him: and let your talking be of all his wondrous works.
3. Rejoice in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord. Tucker.
Psalm Cxlv. Verse, Two Trebles, And
1. I will magnify thee, O God my King: and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
2. Every day will I give thanks unto thee: and praise thy name for ever and ever.
4. One generation shall praise thy works unto another and declare thy power.
5. As for me I will be talking of thy worship: thy glory, thy praise, and wondrous works
6. So that men shall speak of the might of thy marvellous acts: and I will also tell of thy greatness.
10. All thy works praise thee, O Lord: and give thanks unto thee.
11. They shew the glory of thy kingdom : and they talk of thy power.
12. That thy power, the glory of thy kingdom: might be known unto men. Hallelujah.
Psalm Lxxxiv. Full, Four Voices.
8. O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer: hearken, O God of Jacob.
Verse, Two Trebles, And Tenor.
9. Behold, O God, our defender: and look upon the face of thine anointed.