« AnteriorContinuar »
PSALM XXX, FULL, FOUR VOICES.
* First Part. 1. I will exalt thee, O Lord, for thou hast defended me, and not suffered mine enemies to have their pleasure upon me.
2. O Lord my God, I have cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me."
3. Lord, thou hast brought my soul out of hell: thou hast preserved me from them that descend into the pit.
. . Second Part. 4. Sing unto the Lord, ye that are his saints : and give thanks for a remembrance of his holiness.
11. The Lord hath heard me, and hath taken mercy upon me: the Lord is made my helper.
12. Thou hast turned my sorrow into joy : thou hast put off my sackcloth, and hast compassed me with gladness: that my glory may sing to thee without grief.
13. Lord my God, I shall evermore give thanks to thee.
PSALM CXIX. FULL, FOUR Voices.
85. The proud have digged pits for me : which are not after thy law.
86. They persecute me falsely: O be thou my help.
79. Let such as fear thee, and have known thy testimonies, be turned unto me.
PSALM CXIX. TWELFTH PART. FULL,
1. O Lord, thy word: endureth for ever in heaven.
2. Thy truth also remaineth from one generation to another : thou hast laid the foundation of the earth, and it abideth. ::
3. They continue this day according to thine ordinance : for all things serve thee. Tye.
SOLO TENOR, OR VERSE AND FULL,
Great God! what do I see and hear,
The trumpet sounds, the graves restore,
All people that on earth do dwell,
Sing to the Lord with cheerful voice ; Him serve with fear, his praise forth tell,
Come ye before him and rejoice. 2. The Lord ye know is God indeed,
Without our aid he did us make ;
And for his sheep he doth us take. 3. O enter then his gates with praise,
Approach with joy his courts unto;
For it is seemly so to do.
His mercy is for ever sure;
FULL, FOUR VOICES.
O Lord the maker of all things, We pray thee now in this Evening, Us to defend through thy mercy, From all deceits of our enemie : Let neither us deluded be Good Lord, with dream or fantasie : . Our hearts waking in thee thou keep, That we in sin fall not on sleep. O Father, through thy blessed Son, Grant us this our Petition ; To whom, with thee and the Holy Ghost
always, In heaven and earth be laud and praise.
Amen. King Henry VIII.
FULL, FIVE VOICES.
I call and cry to thee, O Lord,
plight, And how my Soul doth faint: For I have many ways offended thee. Forget my wickedness, O Lord, I beseech thee.
2 CHRONICLES VI. FULL, FOUR VOICES.
19. Hear the voice and prayer of thy servants which they make before thee this day :
20. That thine eyes may be open towards this house day and night, ever towards this place of which thou hast said, My Name shall be there.
21. And when thou hearest, have mercy upon them.
PERFORMED AT ORDINATIONS. VERSE,
And lighten with celestial fire.
Who dost thy seven-fold gifts impart.
Is comfort, life, and fire of love.
The darkness of our blinded sight.
With the abundance of thy grace.
Where thou art guide, no ill can come.
And Thee of both, to be but one ;