« AnteriorContinuar »
statutes, make me to go in the way of thy commandments : incline my heart to keep thy law.
FULL AND VERSE, FIVE VOICES. PSALM CXXXiv.-The sun riseth, and man goeth forth to his labour. He appointeth the moon for certain seasons and makes darkness that it may be night. The sun riseth and knoweth his going down.
PSALM CXLV.-Great is the Lord and marvellous are his works. My mouth shall speak the praises of the Lord, and let all flesh give thanks unto his name for it is great and I will praise his name for evermore.
VERSE AND FULL, FOUR VOICES. 448.
Psalm LXII., 1.—My soul truly waiteth still upon God, for of him cometh my salvation.
VERSE, TWO TREBLES, TENOR, AND BASS. 2.—He verily is my strength and my salvation: he is my defence, so that I shall not greatly fall.
7.-In God is my health and my glory, the rock of my might, and in God is my trust.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. PSALM CXLV., 1.-I will magnify thee, O God, my King; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
PSALM XC. FULL, FIVE VOICES.
13. Turn thee again, O Lord, at the last : and be gracious unto thy servants. 14. O satisfy us with thy mercy, and that soon.
VERSE, FIVE VOICES. 15. Comfort us again now after the time that thou hast plagued us: and for the years wherein we have suffered adversity.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 17. And the glorious majesty of the Lord our God be upon us. Hallelujah. Amen.
PSALM LỊ. FULL, FOUR VOICES. 450.
1. Have mercy upon me, O God, after thy great goodness : according to the multitude of thy mercies do away mine offences.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS. 2. Wash me thoroughly from my wickedness, and cleanse me from my sin.
3. For I acknowledge my faults, and my sin is ever before me.
VERSE, FIVE VOICES; AND FULL. 12. O give me the comfort of thy help again, and stablish me with thy free spirit.
· RECITATIVE, COUNTER TENOR. 13. Then shall I teach thy ways unto the wicked, and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
FULL, FOUR Voices. 14. O God, thou art the God of my health : my tongue shall sing of thy righteousness.
8. Thou shalt make me to hear of joy and gladness, that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
PSALM CXXX. FULL, FOUR VOICES. 451.
1. Out of the deep have I called unto thee: Lord hear my voice.
VERSE, FOUR VOICES. 2. O let thine ears consider well : the voice of my complaint.
3. If thou, Lord, wilt be extreme to mark what is done amiss : O Lord who may abide it?
FULL, FIVE Voices. 7. O Israel, trust in the Lord : for with the Lord there is mercy: and with him is plenteous redemption.
8. And he shall redeem Israel from all his sins. Amen.
SOLO TENOR OR TREBLE ; AND FULL,
PSALM XXXVII., 1.-Fret not thyself because of the ungodly, neither be thou envious against the evil doers.
2. For they shall soon be cut down as the grass, and be withered even as the green herb.
3. Put thou thy trust in the Lord, and be doing
4. Delight thou in the Lord, and he shall give thee thy heart's desire.
5. Commit thy way unto the Lord, and put thy trust in him, and he shall bring it to pass.
6. He shall make thy righteousness as clear as the light, and thy just dealing as the noon-day.
8. Leave off from wrath, and let go displeasure; fret not thyself, else shalt thou be moved to do evil.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. ROMANS XII., 19.—Vengeance is mine ; I will repay, saith the Lord.
PSALM XXXVII., 40.—But the salvation of the righteous cometh of the Lord, who is also their strength in time of trouble.
41. And the Lord shall stand by them, and save them: he shall deliver them from the ungodly, and shall save them, because they put their trust in him.
VERSE, TREBLE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR,
AND BASS. 453.
PSALM XCVI., 2.—Sing unto the Lord, and praise his name : be telling of his salvation from day to day.
3. Declare his honour unto the heathen : and his wonders unto all people.
4. For the Lord is great, and cannot worthily be praised.
8. Ascribe unto the Lord the honour due unto his name.
FULL, FIVE VOICES. PSALM CIII., 1.-Praise the Lord, O my soul : and all that is within me praise his holy name. Hallelujah. Amen.
FULL, THREE TREBLES, COUNTER TENOR,
TENOR, AND BASS. 454.
Holy, holy, holy, Lord God of Hosts, heaven and earth are full of the majesty of thy glory. Glory be to thee, O Lord most High. Amen.
VERSE, FOUR VOICES. The Lord is long-suffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression.
The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion.