« AnteriorContinuar »
PSALM XLIV. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TWO
TENORS AND BASS. 51.
5. Thou art my King, O God: send help unto Jacob.
6. Through thee will we overthrow our enemies : and in thy name will we tread them under that rise up against us.
7. For I will not trust in my bow: it is not my sword that shall help me.
8. But it is thou that savest us from our enemies : and puttest them to confusion that hate us.
VERSE AND FULL.
9. We make our boast of God all day long: and will praise thy name for ever.
PSALM XXXIII. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR,
, TWO TENORS, AND BASS. 52.
1. Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous, for it becometh well the just to be thankful.
- SOLO TENOR. 2. Praise the Lord with harp: sing praises to him upon the lute, and instrument of ten strings.
3. Sing to the Lord a new song : sing praises lustily unto him with a good courage.
4. For the word of the Lord is true : and all his works are faithful.
of God ?
PSALM XLII. VERSE AND FULL, TREBLE,
COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS. 53.
1. Like as the hart desireth the water brooks : so longeth my soul after thee, O God.
2. My soul is athirst for God, yea, even for the living God: when shall I come to appear before the presence of God ?
3. My tears have been my meat day and night : while they daily say unto me, Where is now thy God?
4. Now when I think thereupon, I pour out my heart by myself: for I went with the multitude, and brought them forth into the house of God.
5. In the voice of praise and thanksgiving : among such as keep holy-day.
6. Why art thou so full of heaviness, O my soul : and why art thou disquieted within me ?
15. O put thy trust in God: for I will yet give him thanks for the help of his countenance.
PSALM LI. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR,
AND BASS. 54.
1. Have mercy upon me, O God, after thy great goodness : and according to the multitude of thy mercies do away mine offences.
SOLO BASS. 2. Wash me thoroughly from my wickedness : and cleanse me from my sin.
3. For I acknowledge my faults ; and my sin is ever before me.
SOLO TENOR. 4. Against thee only have 1 sinned, and done this evil in thy sight : that thou mightest be justified in thy saying, and clear when thou art
SOLO COUNTER TENOR. 5. Behold, I was shapen in wickedness : and in sin hath my mother conceived me.
6. But lo, thou requirest truth in the inward parts : and shalt make me to understand wisdom secretly.
TRIO. 7. Thou shalt purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean : thou shalt wash me, aud I shall be whiter than snow.
8. Thou shalt make me to hear of joy and gladness : that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
FULL. 9. Turn thou thy face from my sins: and put out all my misdeeds.
PSALM LXX. verse, COUNTER TENOR, TWO
TENORS, BASS, AND FULL. 55.
1. Haste thee, O God, to deliver me, make haste to help me, O Lord.
2. Let them be ashamed, and confounded, that seek after my soul : let them be turned backward and put to confusion, that wish me evil.
3. Let them for their reward be soon brought to shame : that cry over me, there, there.
4. But let all those that seek thee, be joyful and glad in thee : and let all such as delight in thy salvation, say alway, the Lord be praised.
5. As for me, I am poor and in misery. Haste thee, O God, &c.
6. Thou art my helper and my redeemer : 0 Lord, make no long tarrying. Humphrys.
ISAIAH I. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR,
AND BASS. 56.
2. Hear, O heavens, and give ear, 0 earth : for the Lord hath spoken; I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.
4. Ah sinful nation, a seed of evil doers, children that are corrupters, they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel to anger.
16. Wash ye, make you clean, put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes, cease to do evil.
17. Learn to do well, seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
18. Come now, let us reason together, saith the Lord : though your sins be as scarlet, they shall shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
ISAIAH XL. VERSE, TWO TREBLES, AND
COUNTER TENOR. 57.
3. Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
SOLO BASS. 4. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places shall be made plain
PULL, FOUR VOICES. 5. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed: and all flesh shall see it together.
TWO TREBLES. 6. And the voice said, cry. What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and the goodliness thereof is as the flower that is in the field.