« AnteriorContinuar »
MATTHEW XXI. VERSE, TREBLE, COUNTER
TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS. 391.
9. Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
COLLECT FOR THE FIFTH SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 392.
Grant, O Lord, we beseech thee, that the course of this world may be so peaceably ordered by thy governance, that thy Church may joyfully serve thee in all godly quietness, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
PSALM LXIX. FULL, FOUR VOICES. 393.
31. I will magnify the Lord, and I will praise his name for evermore. Amen.
LUKE XV. VERSE AND FULL, FOUR VOICES. 394.
18. I will arise and go to my Father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19. And am no more worthy to be called thy Son.
PSALM LXXVII. SOLO, TENOR, AND VERSE,
FOUR VOICES. 395.
1. I will cry unto God with my voice : even unto God will I cry with my voice, and he shall hearken unto me.
3. When I am in heaviness, I will think upon God: when my heart is vexed I will complain.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 13. Thy way, O God, is holy: who is so great a God as our God?
14. Thou art the God that doeth wonders : and hast declared thy power among the people.
16. The waters saw thee and were afraid ; the depths also were troubled.
17. The clouds poured out water, the air thundered : and thine arrows went abroad.
18. The voice of thy thunder was heard round about : the lightnings shone upon the ground: the earth was moved and shook withal. .
19. Thy way is in the sea, and thy footsteps are not known.
14. Thou art the God that doeth wonders : thou hast declared thy power among the people.
13. Thy way, O God, is holy: who is so great a God as our God ?
VERSE AND FULL, FOUR VOICES. 396.
O God! to whom the night shines as the day, O hearken to thy faithful servant's voice: 0 Lord, of resistless might, accept our prayers. Honour and power attend Jehovah's name.
PSALM LXII., 6.-He only is my rock, and my salvation, and my defence, and I shall not be moved.
7. In God is my salvation and my glory, the rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
PSALM CXVII., 1.-0 praise the Lord, all ye nations, and praise him all ye people,
2. For the mercy and truth of the Lord endureth for ever. Praise ye the Lord.
PSALM LVII., 12.-Be thou exalted above all heavens, thy glory above all the earth. O God ! &c.
VERSE, FOUR VOICES. 397.
PSALM XXXV., 1.—Plead thou my cause, O Lord, with them that strive with me : and fight thou against them that fight against me.
24. Judge me, O Lord my God, according to thy righteousness : and let them not triumph over me.
FULL. PSALM LVII., 10.--I will give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the people : and I will sing unto thee among the nations. · 11. For the greatness of thy mercy reacheth unto the heavens: and thy truth unto the clouds.
PSALM CIII. VERSE AND FULL. 398.
2. Praise the Lord, O my soul : and forget not all his benefits :
SOLO TREBLE. 8. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy : long-suffering, and of great goodness.
15. The days of man are but as grass : for he flourisheth as a flower of the field.
VERSE, FOUR VOICES. 17. But the goodness of the Lord endureth for ever and ever upon them that fear him :
VERSE AND FULL. 22. O speak good of the Lord, all ye works of his: praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.
PSALM XXXII. SOLO COUNTER TENOR. 399.
19. My soul patiently tarried for the Lord : he is my help and my shield. VERSE, TREBLE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND
BASS; AND FULL. For our hearts shall rejoice in him, because we have hope in his holy name. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, AND TENOR; AND
FULL, FOUR VOICES. Let thy merciful kindness, O Lord, be upon us, like as we do put our trust in thee.
PSALM VI. VERSE, FOUR VOICES. 400.
2. Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am weak.
3. My soul also is sore troubled : but, Lord, how long wilt thou punish me?
FULL. 4. Turn thee, O Lord, and deliver my soul : O save me for thy mercies' sake. Amen.
FULL and det ameninter.