« AnteriorContinuar »
PSALM CIV. VERSE, TWO TREBLES, AND
24. O Lord, how manifold are thy works : in wisdom hast thou made them all; the earth is full of thy riches.
25. So is the great and wide sea also.
26. There go the ships, and there is that Leviathan : whom thou hast made to take his pastime therein.
FULL, FOUR VOICES.
PSALM LI. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR,
AND BASS. 328.
2. O my God, wash thou me from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
VERSE AND FULL. 3. I acknowledge my faults, and my sin is ever before me. Amen.
PSALM CXXXII. VERSE, TWO TREBLES,
AND BASS. 329.
8. Arise, O Lord, into thy resting place : thou, and the ark of thy strength :
9. Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness, and let thy saints sing with joyfulness.
FULL. Hallelujah, &c. Amen.
GENESIS 1. RECITATIVE, BASS. 330.
1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2. And the earth was without form, and void : and darkness was upon the face of the deep,
FULL, FOUR VOICES. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3. And God said, let there be light; and there was light.
RECITATIVE, TENOR. 4. And God saw the light, that it was good : and God divided the light from the darkness.
RECITATIVE TREBLE. 11. And God said, let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit-tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself upon the earth: and it was so.
SOLO TREBLE ; AND FULL, FOUR VOICES. The marvellous work behold amazed the glorious hierarchy of heaven, and to the ethereal vaults resound the praise of God and of the second day.
GENESIS 1. RECITATIVE, BASS.
7. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
RECITATIVE, TENOR. 9. And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear : and it was so.
RECITATIVE, BASS. 10. And God called the dry land earth, and the gathering of waters called he seas : and God saw that it was good.
A new created world springs up at God's command.
RECITATIVE, BASS. 20. And God said, Let the earth bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth, in the open firmament of heaven.
SOLO TENOR. 21. And God created the whales, and every living creature that moveth;
22. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful all and multiply, ye winged tribes be multiplied, and sing on every tree : multiply ye finny tribes, and fill each watery deep, be fruitful, grow, and multiply, and in your God and Lord rejoice.
RECITATIVE, TREBLE OR TENOR. And the heavenly host proclaimed the third day, praising God and saying,
FULL, FOUR VOICES. Awake the harp, the lyre awake, in shout and joy your voices raise in triumph sing the mighty Lord : for he the heavens and earth has clothed in stately dress.
RECITATIVE, TENOR. 332. • In splendour bright the sun emerging darts his glorious rays, great Regent of the day, rejoiced through heaven's high road to run his destined course. With softer beams and milder light, The silver moon steals on through silent night.
In-numerous hosts of radiant orbs, glittering, adorn the azure vault of heaven; and the sons of God announced the fourth day in song divine, proclaiming thus his power :
VERSE AND FULL FOUR VOICES.
Day unto day doth utter speech,
VERSE, TREBLE, TENOR, AND BASS. 333.
On thee each living soul awaits—
FULL, FOUR VOICES.
He sole on high exalted reigns.
FULL, FOUR VOICES.
Bless the Lord of heaven and earth, praise and magnify his name, celebrate his power and glory! raise his fame and honour high, praise ye the Lord for evermore.
Bless the Lord, give him thanks : praise ye the Lord, O praise him evermore. Amen.