« AnteriorContinuar »
VERSE, TWO TREBLES; AND FULL. 14. Hear me, O God, in the multitude of thy mercy.
FULL FIVE VOICES ; AND VERSE, TWO TREBLES. 308.
PSALM LXI., 6.-O Lord grant the king a long life, that his years may endure throughout all generations.
7. He shall dwell before God for ever : ( prepare thy loving mercy and faithfulness, that they may preserve him.
PSALM CXXXII., 19.-As for his enemies, clothe them with shame; but upon himself let his crown flourish. Amen.
PSALM XCV. VERSE, TWO TREBLES. 309.
1. O come let us sing unto the Lord : let us heartily rejoice in the strength of our salvation.
3. For the Lord is a great God : and a great King above all gods.
SOLO TREBLE. 6. O come, let us worship, and fall down : and kneel before the Lord our maker.
TWO TREBLES. 4. In his hands are all the corners of the earth : and the strength of the hills is his also.
Isaiah XXV. SOLO BASS. 310.
1. O Lord, my God: I will exalt thee, I will. praise thy name : for thou hast done amazing things : thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
4. For thou hast been a defence to the poor and needy in distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, a shelter against the raging tempest.
VERSE AND FULL. 9. Lo! this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us : we will rejoice and be glad in his salvation.
PSALM XXXIII. SOLO TREBLE. 311.
1. Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous, for it becometh well the just to be thankful.
PSALM CXVIII., 15.-The voice of joy and health is in the dwelling of the righteous: the right hand of the Lord bringeth mighty things to pass.
Oye that love the Lord: see that ye hate the thing that is evil.
SOLO AND FULL. For the Lord's delight is in them that fear him : and put their trust in his mercy. Amen.
WISDOM III. VERSE, TWO TREBLES. 312.
1. The souls of the righteous are in the hand of God, and there shall no torment touch them.
SOLO TREBLE. 2. In the sight of the unwise they seem to die, and their departure is taken for misery. 3. But they are in peace.
VERSE, TWO TREBLES; AND FULL. 4. For though they be punished in the sight of men: yet is their hope full of immortality.
5. For God hath proved them, and found them worthy of himself.
7. And in the day of visitation they shall shine.
8. They shall judge the nations, and have dominion over the people: and their Lord shall reign for ever and ever. Amen. Nares.
PSALM CXXXIX. FULL, FIVE VOICES; AND
VERSE, TWO TREBLES. 313.
23. Try me, O God, and seek the ground of my heart; prove me and examine my thoughts.
24. Look well if there be any way of wickedness in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Amen.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, AND BASS. 314.
PSALM LXXV., 1.-Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks: yea, unto thee do we give thanks.
SOLO BASS. 2. Thy name also is so nigh: and that do thy wondrous works declare.
PSALM LXXVI., 7.-Thou, even thou art to be. feared : and who may stand in thy sight, when thou art angry?
SOLO COUNTER TENOR. PSALM LXXV., 11.-I will talk of the God of Jacob; and praise him for ever.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 12. All the horns of the ungodly will I break : and the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND
Psalm XCIV., 2.-Arise, thou Judge of the world : reward the proud after their deserving.
3. Lord, how long shall the ungodly : how long shall the ungodly triumph ?
SOLO BASS. 7. And yet they say, the Lord shall not see it: neither shall the God of Jacob regard it.
8. Take heed, ye unwise among the people : 0 ye fools, when will ye understand ?
9. He that planted the ear, shall he not hear ? or he that made the eye, shall he not see?
10. Or he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he punish ?
VERSE, THREE VOICES. 11. The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man: that they are but vain.
SOLO COUNTER TENOR. PSALM XCV., 6.-0 come, let us worship, and fall down : and kneel before the Lord our maker.
PSALM CV., 7.-For he is the Lord our God : his judgments are in all the world.
PSALM CIII., 9.-He will not always be chiding: neither keepeth he is anger for ever.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. PSALM CVII., 8.-0 that men would therefore praise the Lord for his goodness : and declare the wonders that he doeth for the children of men!