« AnteriorContinuar »
deliver me, Lord, out of my distress ; withdraw not thou thy mercy from me.
Let thy loving kindness, and fear, and truth, alway preserve me.
O God, make speed to save me.
VERSE, TWO TREBLES. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who hath saved thee from destruction, and crowneth thee with mercy and loving kindness.
FULL. May the Lord preserve our going out and our coming in from this time forth for evermore. Amen.
PSALM VIII. FULL, AND VERSE. 260.
1. O Lord our Governor, how excellent is thy name in all the world.
SOLO COUNTER TENOR. 4. Lord, what is man, that thou art mindful of him ; or the son of man, that thou visitest him ?
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, AND BASS. 5. Thou madest him lower than the angels : to crown him with glory and honour. .
PSALM CXIX. VERSE, TREBLE AND TENOR. 261.
12. Blessed art thou, O Lord : 0 teach me thy statutes.
9. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way, even by ruling himself after thy word.
10. With my whole heart I have sought thee : O let me not go wrong out of thy commandments.
RECITATIVE, TENOR. 13. With my lips have I been telling of all the judgments of thy mouth. VERSE, TREBLE, TENOR, AND BASS; AND
FULL. 16. My delight shall be in thy statutes : and I will not forget thy word. Hallelujah. Amen.
PSALM XXIX. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR,
AND BASS. 262.
1. Bring unto the Lord, O ye mighty, bring young rams unto the Lord : ascribe unto the Lord worship and strength.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 2. Give the Lord the honour due unto his name : worship the Lord with holy worship.
• SOLO BASS: 3. It is the Lord that commandeth the waters : it is the glorious God that maketh the thunder.
SOLO COUNTER TENOR. 4. It is the Lord that ruleth the sea; the voice of the Lord is mighty in operation : the voice of the Lord is a glorious voice. VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, AND BASS ;
AND FULL. 10. The Lord shall give strength unto his people; the Lord shall give his people the blessing of peace. Amen.
PSALM CXLV. FULL, FIVE VOICES. 263.
3. Great is the Lord, and marvellous, worthy to be praised: there is no end of his greatness.
4. One generation shall praise thy works unto another : and declare thy power. Amen.
PSALM LXVI. FULL, FOUR VOICES. 264.
1. O be joyful in God, all ye lands : sing praises unto the honour of his name, make his praise to be glorious.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS.
2. Say unto God, O how wonderful art thou in thy works : through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies be found liars unto thee.
FULL. 3. For all the world shall worship thee : sing of thee, and praise thy name. Amen.
Psalm CV. VERSE, TREBLE AND TENOR. 265.
1. O give thanks unto the Lord, and call upon his name: tell the people what things he hath done.
VERSE, TREBLE, TENOR, AND BASS. 2. O let your songs be of him, and praise him : and let your talking be of all his wondrous works.
3. Rejoice in his holy name, let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord.
PSALM XCVI. FULL, FOUR VOICES. 266.
9. U worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness : let the whole earth stand in awe of him.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS.
10. Tell it out among the heathen, that the Lord is King: and that it is he who hath made the round world so fast that it cannot he moved, and he shall judge the people righteously.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 11. Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad : let the sea make a noise, and all that therein is.
PSALM CXLVII. FULL, FOUR VOICES. 267.
12. Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem, praise thy God O Zion.
13. For he hath made fast the bars of thy gates : and hath blessed thy children within thee.
VERSE, SIX VOICES. 14. He maketh peace in thy borders: and filleth thee with the flour of wheat.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 20. He hath not dealt so with any nation : neither have the heathen knowledge of his laws. Praise ye the Lord. Hallelujah. Amen.
FULL, FIVE VOICES. 268.
PSALM. XX., 9.-Save Lord, and hear us, O King of heaven: when we call upon thee. · PSALM XXVIII., 10.-O save thy people, and give thy blessing unto thine inheritance.