« AnteriorContinuar »
and I will bring down their strength to the earth.
VERSE. COUNTER TENOR, AND TENOR. 7. I will mention the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, and his great goodness towards the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed upon them according to his mercies.
9. For the angel of his presence saved them : in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and he carried them all the days of old. VERSE, TREBLE, COUNTER TENOR, AND TWO
TENORS. 15. Look down from heaven, and behold from the habitation of thy holiness and thy glory.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 16. For thou, O Lord, art our Father, our Redeemer, thy name is from everlasting. Kent.
MATTHEW XXV. SOLO BASS. 222.
31. When the Son of Man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him,
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS.
VERSE, THREE VOICES.
RECITATIVE, BASS. 32. Before him shall be gathered all nations : and he shall separate them one from another. 34. He shall say to them on his right hand,
SOLO BASS. Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35. For I was hungry, and ye gave me meat : I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink : I was a stranger, and ye took me in.
36. Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, AND TENOR. 37. Lord, when saw we thee an hungry, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38. When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in ? naked, and clothed thee?
39. Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
RECITATIVE, BASS. 40. Verily I say unto you, in as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. 46. The righteous shall go into life eternal.
VERSE, THREE VOICES; AND FULL.
PSALM LV. FULL, FOUR VOICES. 223.
1. Hear my prayer, O Lord : and hide not thyself from my petition.
VERSE, FOUR VOICES. 2. Take heed unto me, and hear me: how I mourn in my prayer, and am vexed.
4. My heart is disquieted within me: and the fear of death is fallen upon me.
6. O that I had wings like a dove : then would I flee away, and be at rest.
Psalm XXXI. SOLO BASS. 224.
10. O Lord, have mercy upon me: for I am in trouble.
12. My strength faileth me.
16. But my hope hath been in thee, O Lord : I have said, Thou art my God. Pergolesi.
LUKE II. VERSE AND FULL, FIVE VOICES. 225.
14. Glory in the highest heavens, and on earth peace, good will to man.
JOB XXII. SOLO COUNTER TENOR. 226.
21. Acquaint thyself with God, and be at peace with him :
22. And lay up his words in thine heart.
24. If thou return to the Almighty, put away iniquity from thee.
25. Then shall he be thy defence, 26. And thy delight.
27. Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he will hear thee.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. The Lord will deliver the righteous, he will save the humble man.
VERSE AND FULL; FOUR VOICES. 227.
ISAIAH LX., 1. -Arise, shine, O Zion, for thy light is come: and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.
SOLO BASS; AND FULL. 2. Behold the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people : but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon
SOLO TENOR. 3. The Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
SOLO TREBLE. 19. The sun shall be no more thy light by day,
neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.
VERSE, FOUR VOICES ; AND FULL. ISAIAH LXI., 10.-I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God, for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness.
PSALM CXIX. VERSE, TWO TREBLES. 228.
1. Blessed are those that are undefiled in the way: and walk in the law of the Lord.
2. Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and seek him with their whole heart.
RECITATIVE, TREBLE. 4. Thou hast charged, that we shall diligently keep thy commandments.
5. O that my ways were made so direct, that I might keep thy statutes.
18. Open thou mine eyes : that I may see the wondrous things of thy law.
TWO TREBLES. 15. Then will I talk of thy commandments : and have respect unto thy ways.
16. My delight shall be in thy statutes : and I will not forget thy word. VERSE, TWO TREBLES; AND FULL, FIVE VOICES.
171. My lips shall speak of thy praise : when thou hast taught me thy statutes.