« AnteriorContinuar »
SOLO BASS. 12. That thy power, thy glory, and mightiness of thy kingdom : might be known unto men.
13. Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom : and thy dominion endureth throughout all ages.
TWO COUNTER TENORS. 14. The Lord upholdeth all such as fall : and lifteth up all those that are down.
TWO COUNTER TENORS AND BASS. 15. The eyes of all wait upon thee, O Lord : and thou givest them their meat in due season.
VERSE, THREE VOICES; AND FULL. 16. Thou openest thine hand : and fillest all things living with plenteousness. Kent.
1. CHRONICLES XXIX. FULL, FOUR VOICES. 208.
10. Blessed be thou, Lord God of Israel our Father, for ever and ever. VERSE, TREBLE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR,
AND BASS. 11. Thine, O Lord, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty : for all that is in the heaven and the earth is thine ; thine is the kingdom, O Lord, and thou art exalted as head over all.
: TWO TREBLES. 12. Both riches and honour come of thee; and thou reignest over all ; and in thine hand is power and might, and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 13. Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.
PSALM XXIX. VERSE, TENOR, AND BASS. 209.
2. Give the Lord the honour due unto his name : worship the Lord with holy worship.
SOLO BASS. 3. It is the Lord that commandeth the waters; it is the glorious God that commandeth the thunder.
VERSE, TENOR, AND FULL. 4. It is the Lord that ruleth the sea; the voice of the Lord is mighty in operation : the voice of the Lord is a glorious voice.
TENOR AND BASS. 9. The Lord sitteth above the water-flood; and the Lord remaineth a King for ever.
VERSE AND FULL. 10. The Lord shall give strength unto his people; the Lord shall give his people the blessing of peace. Hallelujah. Amen... Kent.
PSALM LV. VERSE, TWO TREBLES. 210.
1. Hear my prayer, O God: and hide not thy. self from my petition.
SOLO TREBLE. 2. Take heed unto me, and hear me : how I mourn in my prayer, and am vexed.
RECITATIVE, TREBLE. 4. My heart is disquieted within me: and the fear of death is fallen upon me.
VERSE, TWO TREBLES ; AND FULL. 6. Then I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove : then would I flee away, and be at rest.
SOLO BASS. 211.
JOB XXXVII., 14.-Hearken unto this, o man ! stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God.
15. Dost thou know when God disposed them, and caused the light of his clouds to shine ?
16. Dost thou know the balancings of the clouds, the wondrous works of him which is perfect in knowledge ?
JOB XXXVIII., 4.- Where wast thou when God laid the foundations of the earth ? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5. Who hath laid the measures thereof, dost
thou know? or who hath stretched out the line upon it ?
6. Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened ? or who laid the corner-stone thereof;
7. When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy ?
VERSE AND FULL.
PSALM XXVII. FULL, FIVE VOICES. 212.
8. Hearken unto my voice, O Lord, when I cry unto thee : have mercy upon me, and hear me.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, TENOR, AND BASS. '
10. O hide not thou thy face from me: nor cast away thy servant in thy displeasure.
FULL, FIVE VOICES. 11. Thou hast been our succour : leave us not, neither forsake us, O God of our salvation.
PSALM XCII. SOLO TREBLE. 213.
1. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord : and to sing praises unto thy name, O most Highest ;
2. To tell of thy loving-kindness early in the morning: and of thy truth in the night-season ;
3. Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the lute : upon a loud instrument, and upon the harp.
4. For thou, Lord, hast made me glad through thy works : and I will rejoice in giving praise for the operations of thy hands.
VERSE AND FULL.
PSALM III. FULL, FOUR Voices.
1. Lord, how are they increased that trouble me : many are they that rise against me.
2. Many one there be that say of my soul : there is no help for him in his God.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR, AND BASS. 3. But thou, O Lord, art my defender : thou art my worship and the lifter up of my head.
VERSE AND FULL. 8. Salvation belongeth unto the Lord : and thy blessing is among thy people.
PSALM CXIX. VERSE, TWO TREBLES. 215.
97. Lord, what love have I unto thy law : all the day long is my study in it.