« AnteriorContinuar »
ISAIAH XXV. · VERSE AND FULL,
1. O Lord my God I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name, for thou hast done amazing things: thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. 4. For thou hast been a defence to the
and needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, a shelter against the raging tempest.
8. He will swallow up death in victory; God will wipe away tears from all faces, and he shall vindicate his saints.
9. Lo, this is our God, we have waited for him, and he will save us : we will rejoice and be glad in his salvation.
FULL, FOUR VOICES.
(Penson from) Morari.
FULL, SIX VOICES.
MATTHEW XXI., 9.-Hosanna to the Son of David : blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
MARK XI., 10.–Blessed be the King of Israel, blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord.
LUKE XIX., 38.-Peace in heaven, and glory in the highest places; Hosanna in the highest heavens.
PSALM XXIV. FULL, SIX VOICES. 25.
9. Lift up your heads, O ye gates, and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors: and the King of Glory shall come in.
8, 10. Who is the King of Glory? It is the Lord, strong and mighty: even the Lord of Hosts, he is the King of Glory.
COLLECT FOR THE THIRD SUNDAY AFTER EPI
PHANY. FULL, FOUR VOICES. 26.
Almighty and everlasting God, mercifully look upon our infirmities; and in all our dangers and necessities, stretch forth thy right hand to help and defend us, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
VERSE, TWO BASSES. 27.
4. Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his; and give thanks for the remembrance of his holiness.
5. For his anger endures but a moment, in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
6. And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
VERSE, TWO COUNTER TENORS. 7. Lord, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong : thou didst hide thy face and I was troubled.
8. I cried unto thee, O Lord; and unto the Lord I made my supplication.
VERSE, COUNTER TENOR AND BASS. 9. What profit is there in my blood, when I go down into the pit? Shall the dust praise thee ? Shall it declare thy truth?
10. Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me: Lord, be thou my helper.
FULL, EIGHT VOICES. 28.
1. O clap your hands together all ye people : O sing unto God with the voice of melody.
2. For the Lord is high and to be feared : He is the great King of all the earth.
3. He shall subdue the people under us, and the nations under our feet.
4. He shall choose out an heritage for us ; even the worship of Jacob, whom he loved.
Second Part. 5. God is gone up with a merry noise, and the Lord with the sound of the trumpet.
6. O sing praises unto our God ; O sing praises unto the Lord, the King:
7. For God is the King of all the earth; sing ye praises with the understanding.
8. God reigneth over the heathen ; God sitteth upon his holy seat: .
9. God, which is highly exalted, doth defend the earth as it were with a shield.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost :
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be : world without end." Amen.
PSALM CVI. FULL, FOUR VOICES.
45. Deliver us, O Lord our God, and gather us from among the heathen : that we may give thanks unto thy holy Name, and make our boast of thy praise.
46. Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, from everlasting, and world without end : and let all the people say, Amen.
FULL, FIVE VOICES. 30.
1. Hear my prayer, O God: and hide not thyself from my petition.
2. Take heed unto me, and hear me: how I mourn in my prayer, and am vexed.
3. My heart is disquieted within me: and the fear of death is fallen upon me.
6. Then I said, O that I had wings like a dove: then would I flee away, and be at rest.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 31.
1. O praise the Lord, all ye heathen: praise him all ye nations.
2. For his merciful kindness is ever more and more towards us : and the truth of the Lord endureth for ever. Amen.
PSALM XXVII. VERSE AND FULL,
1. The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom then shall I fear: the Lord is the strength of my life, of whom then shall I be afraid ?