« AnteriorContinuar »
DANIEL XII., 3.-The wise sball shine as the brightness of the firmament.
VERSE, FOUR VOICES; AND FULL. ECCLES. XLIV., 14.-Their bodies are buried in peace, but their name liveth evermore.
15. The people will tell of their wisdom, and the congregation will shew forth their praise.
WISDOM OF SOLOMON V., 15.-Their reward also is with the Lord, and the care of them with the Most High.
VERSE, FOUR VOICES. 16. They shall receive a glorious kingdom, and a beautiful crown from the Lord's hand.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. PSALM CIII. 17.- The merciful goodness of the Lord endureth for ever on them that fear him : and his righteousness on childrens' children.
PSALM CXLI. VERSE, FOUR VOICES. 181. 9. O Lord, we trust alone in thee.
EXODUS IX. PULL, EIGHT VOICES. 182.
23. He gave them hailstones for rain, fire mingled with the hail, ran along upon the ground.
RECITATIVE, TENOR. 183.
GENESIS 1., 26.-And God said, Let us now make man in our own image, man in our similitude, and let him rule over the fish and fowl of sea and air, and every creeping thing that creeps the earth.
SOLO TENOR OR TREBLE. PSALM VIII., 4.-Lord, what is man, that thou art mindful of him : or the son of man, that thou regardest him ?
5. Thou madest him lower than the angels : to crown him with glory and worship.
RECITATIVE, BASS. 6. Thou madest him to have dominion of the works of thy hands : and thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet.
FULL, FOUR VOICES.
In all the world is known !
(Pratt from) Handel.
EXODUS XV. DUETT, TWO BASSES. 184.
3. The Lord is a man of war : the Lord is his name.
4. Pharaoh's chariots and his hosts hath he cast
into the sea : his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red sea.
FULL, EIGHT VOICES. 1. I will sing unto the Lord, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
GENESIS 1. RECITATIVE, TENOR. 185.
2. When the earth was without form, and void, and when darkness covered the face of the deep, the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3. Let there be light, the Almighty said ; and light was over all.
FULL. O first-created beam, and thou great word, Let there be light: and light was over all ; One heavenly blaze shone round this earthly ball.
(Pratt from) Handel.
RECITATIVE, TENOR. 186.
MATTHEW II., 1.- In the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
2. Saying, Where is he that is born King of
the Jews ? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
They found the heavenly infant laid,
RECITATIVE, TENOR. MATTHEW XX., 18, 19.- When the time drew near, that all things that were written concerning the Son of man should be accomplished, that he should be delivered unto the Gentiles, and be mocked and spit upon, and that they should scourge him and put him to death, and on the third day he should rise again;
MATTHEW XXI., 8.—Then Jesus went up to Jerusalem, and a very great multitude spread their garments in the way: others cut down branches from the trees, and spread them in the way.
9. And the multitudes that went before and that followed, cried, saying,
FULL. Hosanna to the Son of David : Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.
(Pratt from) Handel.
PSALM LI. FULL, THREE VOICES.
1. Have mercy upon me, O God, after thy great goodness : according to the multitude of thy mercies do away mine offences.
TREBLE AND TENOR. 2. Wash me thoroughly from my wickedness : and cleanse me from my sin.
SOLO TENOR. 3. For I acknowledge my faults: and my sin is ever before me.'
4. Against thee only have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight : that thou mightest be jus. tified in thy saying, and clear when thou art judged.
FULL, FOUR VOICES. 8. Thou shalt make me hear of joy and gladness : that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
SOLO TREBLE. 10. Make me a clean heart, O God: and renew a right spirit within me.
11. Cast me not away from thy presence : and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12. O give me the comfort of thy help again : and stablish me with thy free spirit.
FULL, THREE VOICES. 13. Then shall I teach thy ways unto the wicked: and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
PSALM XXI. FULL, FOUR VOICES. 188.
1. The King shall rejoice in thy strength, O Lord.
VERSE AND FULL.